11.04.2010

Whole Foods.

One of the coolest things happened to me today.  So, on my journey to joy and happiness, I have really been trying to improve myself.  I have found that lately when I make good decisions, I feel this ultimate calm and peace around me that reassures me that I made the right choice.  I love it! I can't remember ever feeling that way before, so this is definately new.  Well, through cognitive therapy I have learned alot about controlling my thoughts and the effects they have on your body and life.  So, I have been very consious about my thoughts, and I just kept thinking of a verse- think of things that are pure and lovely... i kept repeating to myself.  I kept trying to think of where it was from and where I could find it for days, and it just kept repeating in my head.  I was wanting to find it each day, but I kept putting it off.  Then, today I got an email from my mom that said "Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise" Philippians 4:8.   That's really what all this is about- I want to focus on the things in life that make me happy and that are good for me, not destructive in any way.  It really made me smile that this happened to me today.

So, today I decided to treat myself to anything I wanted from Whole Foods.  I decided on yogurt, cherry, chocolate & toffee, and cinnamon covered pretzels.  It turned out to be the best 78 cents I have spent in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments so much :)